We do hope you can join us on this 4 day, 3 night adventure to the Yuraygir National Park in Northern NSW.
With endless beaches, very few people, Autumn sunshine and fresh air, whales and wildflowers, this is a long weekend that boosts the fitness and energises the soul.
Located between Yamba and Coffs Harbour, Yuraygir National park is perfect for quick escape, long weekend getaway.
The Women’s Fitness Adventures Yuraygir Coastal Hike takes in the highlights of this pristine part of our coastline. Covering almost 60km in four days, we escape from the crowds, enjoy whale watching, Winter sunshine and endless blue sky and ocean.
Secure your place with a $295 deposit today. See our FAQ section for more information.
Thursday 23 May 2019
Arrive Minnie Water
Arrive in tranquil Minnie Water around noon, with time to settle in and enjoy a welcome lunch.
Our hike today covers approximately 8km and commences at Minnie Water and takes us through to Wilson’s Headland. Our hike is both beach and trail, with plenty of opportunity to get to know your fellow hikers or spend some alone time on the trail.
At Wilson’s Headland we are met by our mini bus to return to our accommodation.
Take some time to settle into the weekend as you unwind and submit yourself to the weekend.
Feeling relaxed and in holiday mode, we settle into nibbles and a briefing by our guides on the adventure ahead.
After a wonderful day in the outdoors, it is now time to sit back and relax as you enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow hikers.
Accommodation: House based accommodation, Twin Share
Friday 24th May 2019
Angourie to Brooms Head
After a hearty breakfast we are transferred by mini bus to the start of our hike at Angourie/Mara Creek.
Here we have a Welcome to Country with Uncle Ron Heron, Yaegl Elder, as we learn and discover the rich history through the eyes of locals.
We start the day with a stretch session in the fresh Autumn air before we head off on our hike toward Shelley Headland, arriving just in time for morning tea.
The next section is our hike to Lake Aragan. We are here for lunch and there is plenty of time for a swim, before we continue on our hike to Brooms Head, where there is the option of another swim.
Our bus takes us back to our accommodation where there a Yoga session awaits, to give the legs and body a well deserved stretch.
Enjoy a well deserved dinner with your fellow hikers as you reflect on the days adventure.
Meals: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Accommodation: House Based, Twin share
Saturday 25th May 2019
Wooli to Red Rock
With a mini bus transfer of about an hour, we have a quick stretch session before the start of today’s hike.
We are dropped at Wooli River where we cross in a boat to the start of our hike.
With morning tea at Freshwater and lunch at Pebbly Beach, the names are enough to excite.
Today we cross Station Creek – a wade across always adds excitement.
Take in the fresh air, the scenery and the sunshine as you create your own footprints in the sand!
A long day, yet a relaxing pace, capped off with nibbles at the house!
Tonight we enjoy an evening on the history of the Yuraygir National Park before we have our final dinner together.
Accommodation: House, twin share
* note weather and tidal conditions may affect the route taken
Sunday 26th May 2019
Sandon to Minnie Water
Today, we travel by bus to Sandon and depending on the tide, we explore Plover Island and the estuary.
With another river crossing, by boat, we walk our way back to our house at Minnie Water.
With another delicious lunch awaiting us, we reflect on the weekend with our fellow C.R.E.W members before taking our journey home.
Meals: Breakfast | Lunch
Note itinerary may be subject to change due to weather or tidal conditions.
- A fully qualified, professional hiking guide
- Women’s Fitness Adventures C.R.E.W Leader
- 3 nights, twin share in a shared house
- all linen
- 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- All delicious snacks on the trail
- All National Park Permits
- Emergency communication/navigation equipment
- Group First Aid kit
Safety is our number one priority.
Your Women’s Fitness Adventures C.R.E.W Leader is fully trained in Remote Area First Aid and holds current CPR Qualifications
Your local guide is fully trained in Senior First Aid and CPR
In addition, we carry a group first aid kit and emergency communications equipment.
Our guides knowledge of the area is second to none, with a comprehensive understanding of the local history, flora and fauna.
From the moment you book on to the Yuraygir Coastal Hike, you will begin to make new friends. It all starts with the training and the Closed Facebook Group
Fitness and Training
Group Hike Training and online group coaching is included as part of your adventure.
This will consist of:
*quarterly group hike training sessions held in Brisbane of a half day duration
*monthly online accountability training sessions
*monthly hike training and functional fitness program delivered online.
All Group Hike Training options are perfect opportunities to:
- get to know fellow C.R.E.W members on your hike
- gauge your level of fitness
- boost your fitness
Once your payment is confirmed, there is also a closed Facebook Group Page that you have access to, where you can converse with your fellow Yuraygir Coastal Hike C.R.E.W Members.
Our multi day hikes are transformational. Some kind of “magic” happens with the group.
Here is what one adventurer wrote:
I loved the hike of course and the location was spectacular but what I love is the camaraderie between the ladies and the nights when you are sitting around the dinner table listening to people’s stories and having a great laugh. You can’t beat that. Fun times with a super bunch of girls.
- Travel to and from Minnie Waters (start of hike)
- Travel Insurance*
- Rainjacket, waterproof overpants and hiking poles
- Alcohol (you are welcome to bring your own with you)
- Personal souvenirs/purchases
*Travel Insurance is a requirement of booking. Please see booking Terms and Conditions.
What you carry
You will only need day packs to carry your water and snacks for the day. You may also have personal items that you might like to carry along such as a jumper, jacket, hat, swimmers, towel, sunscreen and camera. The weight of this would vary around 5-6kg.
A comprehensive gear list will be supplied to you. You may wish to purchase our essential pack items from the Women’s Fitness Adventures shop if you do not already have them. This includes thermals, raincoat and thermal gloves.
The Yuraygir Coastal Hike is graded as moderate. It requires a moderate degree of fitness due to the distance being covered over the 4 days. The tracks are well graded, well marked and even boardwalk at times. There are a few short, steep sections, which will elevate the heart rate and a few creek crossings. We advise you to train as much as you can beforehand, making sure that you include hills in your training.
Hike training is included in your adventure. For more details, please see the “Fitness And Training” tab.
It is important to come along with an open mind ready for an awesome experience whatever the weather, whoever the group. It is very important you bring the right gear for the right conditions. Weather can be unpredictable. A comprehensive gear list will be supplied once your place is secured.
In the event of extreme weather conditions, the adventure may vary from the itinerary. Please be aware of this and accept this as part of the adventure. Your personal safety is our highest priority.
The start of the hike at Minnie Water is approximately 4 1/2 hours drive south of Brisbane on the Pacific Highway.
There may be the option to car pool with other participants on the hike. We can sort the logistics of this once your booking is confirmed.
To secure your place a 20% deposit is needed. Note that your place is not secure until payment is received.
If you are not yet a member of Women’s Fitness Adventures and would like to book, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important notes
Our Yuraygir Coastal Hike is a wonderful adventure. We do recommend you participate in a regular fitness program that covers the hiking elements of endurance, cardio, strength and stretching prior to departure.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Women’s Fitness Adventures
Booking Terms and Conditions
(including cancellation policy)
Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this contract.
These should also be read in conjunction with the website Terms and Conditions. ( Please click here)
In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between Women’s Fitness Adventures ABN 99 126 975 880 and you.
No purported variation of these conditions will be effective unless in writing and signed by a person so authorised by Women’s Fitness Adventures. In these terms and conditions reference to “Women’s Fitness Adventures representatives” means staff of Women’s Fitness Adventures and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other third parties and representatives and the land management authorities in each country in which the tour is conducted, or any of them.
All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
The price is only guaranteed once paid for in full by you.
Price changes can occur between the time you make a reservation and the date of full payment. Factors influencing price changes can be currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and other provider increases outside of our control.
Payment terms and cancellation policy
Please note the payment terms including the cancellation policy.
- An initial deposit of 20% is required to secure your place on this adventure.
- Once a booking is confirmed, payment must be received within the payment terms as advised by Women’s Fitness Adventures in the table below.
- Failure to pay within the deadline will result in automatic cancellation of the booking.
- Payments are accepted by direct deposit, by PayPal or by credit card. There are no surcharge fees.
- When your credit card or PayPal is processed by Women’s Fitness Adventures you agree to not have your payment ‘charged back’ or reversed by your credit card provider where the services have been provided
- Direct Deposit payments can be made to the following account with the adventure and your initials as the reference
Women’s Fitness Adventures
Payment terms and cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to email@example.com. Your cancellation date is the date when written notification is received.
|Payment Due Date||Amount|
|On Booking||$295 (20% Deposit)|
|December 1st 2018||$500|
|March 15th 2019||$680|
|Before October 1st 2018||Full refund of deposit, less 25% admin fee*|
|Between & Including|
October 1st & November 30th 2018
|Total loss of deposit|
|Between & Including|
December 1st 2018 & January 31st 2019
|50% of full adventure cost|
|Between & Including|
February 1st & March 14th 2019
|70% of full adventure cost|
|Between & Including|
March 15th & Departure Date
|100% of full adventure cost|
|After Scheduled Adventure||100% of full adventure cost|
No refunds are provided should you have to leave the adventure early.
*As our trips are so popular, please be aware that if you cancel your place, it will most likely be taken by someone else so you should consider this carefully.
Travel insurance must be taken out at this point and a copy of your Travel Documentation supplied with your completed Participant Document to guarantee your place. This will be available for you to sign electronically at the time of making your booking.
- Please make sure that you read, understand and accept all of the fine print contained within your insurance policy before purchase to ensure it covers all of your personal requirements.
- Please ensure your Travel Insurance covers you for cancellation, medical and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death, loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance. It is also important to read the fine print in relation to parents over the age of 80and what is included/excluded from your policy. If using your credit card insurance, please check the terms and conditions on this before booking with us.
Women’s Fitness Adventures and its partners are not liable for any out of pocket expenses that insurance will not cover and will not be held responsible financially or in kind should your insurance not cover your personal circumstances.
- Note that prices are per person.
- Prices are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Airfares, unless otherwise stated
- Local hotel taxes
- Visa’s , Passports and Vaccinations where applicable
- Transfers – unless otherwise stated
- Extra Meals and other expenses not included in the adventure. i.e but not limited to: laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses and items of a personal nature, emergency evacuation and/or emergency search charges
Itineraries and brochures.
Itineraries and other details are published in good faith as statements of intention only and reasonable changes in the itinerary and related items may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
The information contained in Women’s Fitness Adventures website, Facebook Pages, brochures, itineraries, and any other published content, is, to the best of Women’s Fitness Adventures knowledge, correct at the time of publication.
Route changes, Postponement, Cancellation or Delay.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to:
- Cancel or modify any routes within the adventure or objectives set out in the itinerary; or
- Substitute different or equivalent routes within the adventure in place of cancelled or modified routes, or
- Postpone, cancel or delay (either in relation to the departure or arrival times or the duration of the tour) any such aspect of the adventure if, at the absolute discretion of Women’s Fitness Adventures, it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions whether political or military or terrorist or otherwise or if, at the absolute discretion of Women’s Fitness Adventures there is a likelihood of any such event occurring which may impact upon the safety of the participants, or if an act or omission of a third party prevents the tour or the aspect of the adventure being undertaken in accordance with your booking or for any other reason considered necessary by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
- In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the adventure price (whether in whole or in part) and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay.
- Women’s Fitness Adventures also reserves, at its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any adventure due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
Cancellation by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel an adventure and will advise you of such cancellations no later than 60 days before the adventure departure date.
If due to ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice, Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel an adventure at any time. With any form of cancellation, Women’s Fitness Adventures will do it’s best to offer you alternative arrangements if available, and if the price of your alternative adventure is of lower value than the original booking we will refund the difference to you. If you do not accept alternative arrangements we will refund all payments you have made to Women’s Fitness Adventures, (in case of ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs). Women’s Fitness Adventures will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
Women’s Fitness Adventures will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancelation of trips due to ‘Force Majeure’. ‘Force Majeure’ definition means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Women’s Fitness Adventures and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and strikes.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserve the right either before or during the course of the adventure to refuse to carry or accommodate any client which it reasonably considers, in the light of the best interests of all participants within the adventure group and crew, to be unsuitable by reason of physical or mental condition or unruly behavior.
Cancellation due to small tour numbers.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel any adventure prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked on the adventure. In this case you will be given a full refund of the amount already paid by you. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes or annual leave).
We require a minimum of 11 trekkers for the Yuraygir Coastal Hike. If numbers do not reach this level we reserve the right to cancel, or change dates of the adventure or refer you to another existing adventure.
Adventure numbers are regularly reviewed and we will notify you of any cancellations no later than 60 days prior to your selected trek.
Medical Disclosure. It is your responsibility and you must advise Women’s Fitness Adventures of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you requiring medical attention while on our adventures. Women’s Fitness Adventures or our suppliers may require additional medical assessment by a medical practitioner. Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to cancel your booking and refund the money paid by you, less any unrecoverable costs. Women’s Fitness Adventures also reserves the right to cancel your participation in a adventure at any time, including after the commencement of your trip, with no right of refund if your medical condition and/or disability could be reasonably expected to affect the normal conduct of the trip and the enjoyment of other adventure members.