Stinson Plane Crash Wreck Hike
A CHALLENGING and ADVENTUROUS FULL DAY hike to the historic Stinson Plane Wreck Site. This fabulous day out combines a strenuous hike with history as we trek to the site of the 1937 plane crash site in Lamington National Park.
Covering 18km, some steep climbs and rock scrambling, this hike is suitable for those with a high level of fitness and stamina.
79 years ago, Bernard O’Reilly from O’Reilly’s Guest House on Green Mountain, uncovered the plane wreckage. Against all odds, 10 days after the crash, he found the plane with two survivors. Charging for help, he also discovered young Wrestwray along the way, the third survivor who had gone for help. An astonishing tale that is relived through the story telling of our local Wilderness Guides.
Our hike takes us in from Christmas Creek to Westwray’s Grave where we recount the tragic tale of this brave crash survivor. Then we head up, and up to the site of the wreck.
We stop for lunch at the clearing and a well earnt cup of tea and piece of cake – our “high tea of the bush”, before we retrace our steps back to the car.
Please ensure to read Booking Terms and Conditions Tab before booking this adventure.
Not a member yet? SAVE by being a member!
You can become a member of Women’s Fitness Adventures for $165 for 12 months from when you join.
Here’s what you get for your $165
1. Access to the Members Only portal on the website
2. Discounted pricing on all adventures
3. Member only events, such as walks, hikes, information nights and get togethers
4. Advance notice of upcoming adventures
5. Complimentary Friday Night City Walks and Thursday City Walk and Talk
6. Discounts with our Adventure Store partners – up to 20% on member nights
7. Access to offers from our partners and suppliers
8. The opportunity to earn Adventure Dollars which can be used toward any adventure on the website.
If you aren’t a member yet, you can find out more by clicking on the button below. Membership is instant and is current for 12 months from when you join.