Whilst it is a mystery weekend, there are a few details we can share.
Day 1 Thursday 18th July 2019
We will meet you at Brisbane Airport at around 12 noon (give or take). YES, we are flying somewhere in Australia and your flights are included.
From here we will let you in on the first stage of the weekend – our first destination.
Upon arrival we are travel to our next destination.
After we settle in to our accommodation we are briefed on pick up time for dinner as well as some details for the next day.
Accommodation: Twin share, cabin based
Day 2 Friday 19th July 2019
It is a hike today.
We will see some beautiful landscapes and potentially wildlife too.
Bring your swimmers/bathers as there may be an opportunity to swim.
Meals: Breakfast|Lunch|Dinner and all snacks on the trail.
Accommodation: Cabin based, twin share
Day 3 Saturday 20th July 2019
It is a longer hike today with the option for a swim. There is also a longer ascent today however the views are rewarding.
Meals: Breakfast|Lunch|Dinner (and all snacks)
Accommodation: Twin share cabin based
Day 4 Sunday 21 July 2019
This morning is adventure of a different kind.
There are options here
- the first is to get the heart racing
- OR, you can take a more relaxed approach.
Either way, you can decide that morning – no pressure.
After lunch there is the opportunity to change before we make our way back to the airport for our flights home.
You will be scheduled to arrive home early Sunday evening.
How does the weekend work?
The mystery weekend works like this
- you book in and you will receive a confirmation email
- your flights to and from the location are included, as are all transfers once you arrive at the destination
- The group will all travel together and there is no option to transfer or amend your flight details.
- If you have a frequent flyer membership, we will add these details once the adventure has commenced (just so you can’t get sneaky and peek where we are going)
- We recommend that you take out Travel Insurance for domestic cover for the duration of the adventure – in the unlikely event that you may need to cancel.
What is the accommodation like?
We stay in clean, comfortable and safe accommodation with bathroom and shower facilities.
Our belongings will be able to remain at the accommodation as we are transported to and from the trek each day.
There are a limited number of single rooms available. Please ask us about the single supplement if this is of interest.
Am I able to come on my own?
Of course. All of our members are so amazing, within minutes you will feel like you have been friends forever.
If I have food allergies, will this be a problem?
NO, we cater for all food intolerances and allergies and will be in contact with you closer to the date.
What level of fitness do I need?
We have graded our mystery weekend Introductory- Moderate.
You need to be able to:
- hike for 2-3 consecutive days possibly up to 6 hours per day
- be ok with hills – gradual hills – nothing too mountainish
- carry a day backpack of approx 5-7 kg which will include wet weather gear, swimming gear (optional) and your personal belongings.
Will there be mobile phone reception?
Yes, we anticipate there will be coverage. We do carry emergency communications equipment as well.
Is fitness training included?
Yes fitness training is included in the adventure. Once your place is confirmed, we will add you to the Group Hike Training schedule.
How many adventurers are on this Mystery Weekend?
There is a maximum of 11 plus your C.R.E.W Leader. We need 11 participants for the adventure to go ahead.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Women’s Fitness Adventures
Booking Terms and Conditions
(including cancellation policy)
Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this contract.
These should also be read in conjunction with the website Terms and Conditions. (Please click here)
In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between Women’s Fitness Adventures ABN 99 126 975 880 and you.
No purported variation of these conditions will be effective unless in writing and signed by a person so authorised by Women’s Fitness Adventures. In these terms and conditions reference to “Women’s Fitness Adventures representatives” means staff of Women’s Fitness Adventures and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other third parties and representatives and the land management authorities in each country in which the tour is conducted, or any of them.
All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed once paid for in full by you.
Price changes can occur between the time you make a reservation and the date of full payment.
Factors influencing price changes can be currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and other provider increases outside of our control.
Payment terms and cancellation policy
Please note the payment terms including the cancellation policy.
- An initial deposit of 20% is required to secure your place on this adventure.
- Once a booking is confirmed, payment must be received within the payment terms as advised by Women’s Fitness Adventures in the table below.
- Failure to pay within the deadline will result in automatic cancellation of your booking.
- Payments are accepted by direct deposit, by cheque or by credit card. There are no surcharges for bookings made through the Women’s Fitness Adventures website
- When your credit card is processed by Women’s Fitness Adventures you agree to not have your payment ‘charged back’ or reversed by your credit card provider where the services have been provided
- Direct Deposit payments can be made to the following account with the adventure and your initials as the reference
Women’s Fitness Adventures
Payment terms and Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to email@example.com. Your cancellation date is the date when written notification is received.
Payment Due Date
|400.00 (20% deposit)
April 11th 2019
Notification Received by
Women’s Fitness Adventures
|BeforeApril 11th, 2019
||25% of deposit
|Between & Including
April 11th& May 10th, 2019
|50% of full adventure cost
|Between & Including
May 11th 2019 &Departure Date
|100% of full adventure cost
|After Scheduled Adventure
||100% of full adventure cost
No refunds are provided should you have to leave the adventure early.
*As our adventures are so popular, please be aware that if you cancel your place, it will most likely be taken by someone else so you should consider this carefully.
Travel insurance must be taken out at this point and a copy of your Travel Documentation supplied with your completed Participant Document to guarantee your place.
- Please make sure that you read, understand and accept all of the fine print contained within your insurance policy before purchase to ensure it covers all of your personal requirements.
- Please ensure your Travel Insurance covers you for cancellation, medical and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death, loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance. It is also important to read the fine print in relation to parents over the age of 80 and what is included/excluded from your policy. If using your credit card insurance, please check the terms and conditions on this before booking with us.
Women’s Fitness Adventures and its partners are not liable for any out of pocket expenses that insurance will not cover and will not be held responsible financially or in kind should your insurance not cover your personal circumstances.
- Note that prices are per person.
- Prices are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- As per the itinerary
- Airfares, unless otherwise stated
- Local hotel taxes
- Visa’s , Passports and Vaccinations where applicable
- Transfers – unless otherwise stated
- Extra Meals and other expenses not included in the adventure. i.e but not limited to: laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses and items of a personal nature, emergency evacuation and/or emergency search charges
Itineraries and brochures.
Itineraries and other details are published in good faith as statements of intention only and reasonable changes in the itinerary and related items may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
The information contained in Women’s Fitness Adventures website, Facebook Pages, brochures, itineraries, and any other published content, is to the best of Women’s Fitness Adventures knowledge, correct at the time of publication.
Route changes, Postponement, Cancellation or Delay.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to:
- Cancel or modify any routes within the adventures or objectives set out in the itinerary; or
- Substitute different or equivalent routes within the adventures in place of cancelled or modified routes, or
- Postpone, cancel or delay (either in relation to the departure or arrival times or the duration of the adventures) any such aspect of the tour if, at the absolute discretion of Women’s Fitness Adventures, it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions whether political or military or terrorist or otherwise or if, in the absolute discretion of Women’s Fitness Adventures there is a likelihood of any such event occurring which may impact upon the safety of the participants, or if an act or omission of a third party prevents the tour or the aspect of the tour being undertaken in accordance with your booking or for any other reason considered necessary by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
- In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the adventure price (whether in whole or in part) and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay.
- Women’s Fitness Adventures also reserves, at its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any tour due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
Cancellation by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel a departure and will advise you of such cancellations no later than 60 days before the adventure departure date.
If due to ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice, Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel a departure at any time. With any form of cancellation, Women’s Fitness Adventures will do it’s best to offer you alternative arrangements if available, and if the price of your alternative adventure is of lower value than the original booking we will refund the difference to you. If you do not accept alternative arrangements we will refund all payments you have made to Women’s Fitness Adventures, (in case of ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs). Women’s Fitness Adventures will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
Women’s Fitness Adventures will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to ‘Force Majeure’. ‘Force Majeure’ definition means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Women’s Fitness Adventures and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and strikes.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserve the right either before or during the course of the adventure to refuse to carry or accommodate any client which it reasonably considers, in the light of the best interests of all participants within the adventure group and crew, to be unsuitable by reason of physical or mental condition or unruly behaviour.
Cancellation due to small tour numbers.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel any adventure prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked on the adventure. In this case, you will be given a full refund of the amount already paid by you. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes or annual leave).
We require a minimum of 11 trekkers for the Mystery Weekend Adventure. If numbers do not reach this level we reserve the right to cancel, or change the dates of the adventure or refer you to another existing adventure.
Adventure numbers are regularly reviewed and we will notify you of any cancellations no later than 60 days prior to your selected trek.
Medical Disclosure. It is your responsibility and you must advise women’s Fitness Adventures of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you requiring medical attention while on our tours. Women’s Fitness Adventures or our suppliers may require additional medical assessment by a medical practitioner. Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to cancel your booking and refund the money paid by you, less any unrecoverable costs. Women’s Fitness Adventures also reserves the right to cancel your participation in a trip at any time, including after the commencement of your trip, with no right of refund if your medical condition and/or disability could be reasonably expected to affect the normal conduct of the trip and the enjoyment of other trip members.
FITNESS AND TRAINING
Fitness and Training
We’ve got you covered with the Fitness and Training.
Your pre adventure training is included in the adventure.
You may be thinking…
“I want to go, but can’t make time for training”
“I want to go but will I be fit enough?”
“I really want to be part of this but don’t know where to start”
One thing ALL of our past C.R.E.W. Adventurers have said is:
“do the training, follow the plan and you will LOVE your adventure even more”
Our training plans have been developed with YOU in mind, based on:
- the latest research
- 10 years of working with women in the health and fitness space, both as a Personal Trainer and a Certified Weight Loss coach
- the cumulative effect of hundreds of kilometres and hours on the trails
- feedback from our C.R.E.W Members.
All Group Hike Training options are perfect opportunities for you to:
- get to know fellow C.R.E.W members on your hike
- gauge your level of fitness
- boost your fitness
Feedback from our past adventurers identifies how important it is to them to participate in both online and offline training. Over 80% of our past adventurers stated that training was great for getting to know fellow adventurers.
Lucy says, ” Hike training helps. You get to know your fellow hikers, – helps with comradeship and you tend to support one another on the adventure, especially if it is out of your comfort zone, ask questions on what gear to bring and find out more about the adventure”
Designed by women, for women, the benefits of our training plan spill over into everyday life and consist of the following components:
- FUNCTIONAL – helping you strengthen the muscles that support the joints. This has benefits not only for your multi day hike, but for life in general.
- CARDIO BOOSTING – designed to elevate the heart rate in a safe way, ensuring that every training session you do will make you better than the last one
- ENDURANCE – nothing substitutes for time on your legs. So we have designed it that way – to work in with you and your lifestyle.
We also understand the physiology of women’s bodies, so rest assured our programs have truly been designed with YOU at the very centre.
Our training programs are proven and extremely successful – but ONLY if you follow them. Our C.R.E.W who hiked Kokoda in PNG, followed the plan EXACTLY and our only injury was a blister!!!
There are FOUR components to the training and to MAXIMISE your results, we recommend you get involved in all.
1. Physical Group Hike Training
This is where the C.R.E.W Leaders get to see you in action. It is held QUARTERLY around Brisbane and is a 4 hour/half day duration.
2. Closed Facebook Group for our Mystery C.R.E.W
3. One on one call with your Women’s Fitness Adventures C.R.E.W Leader
So that we can best maximise your training and give you the best opportunity to be as fit as possible for your upcoming adventure, we will schedule a 15 minute call to maximise your training opportunities.
Again, this is based on feedback from our past participants who suggested this would be a great addition to training.
4. The closed Facebook Group
We encourage you to comment and support each other in the group. Where possible, get together as a group outside of the formal training times.
Life gets busy and simply having the support of the group when you don’t feel like training, will immediately shift your focus to CAN DO.