The World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains is the jewel of the New South Wales crown a few hours west of Sydney.
The scenery is superb. It is a bushwalking and hikers delight. The local food is to savour.
Come join us on our Blue Mountains Fitness Challenge.
Three nights and four days, immersed in the beauty of the area. Discover with us, the local flora, fauna and history of the area.
Additionally we dine in some iconic locations.
Secure your place today with a 25% deposit.
Note please ensure that you read the full booking terms and conditions associated with this adventure BEFORE you make your booking.
Day 1 – Thursday 17th January 2019
Sydney Airport- Blue Mountains.
Arrive Sydney airport no later than 1pm for our group pick up.
We then transfer to our accommodation in the Upper Blue Mountains, arriving in time for a C.R.E.W Welcome Dinner.
Accommodation: house/cottage style – twin/triple share.
Day 2 – Friday 18th January 2019
Blue Mountains Hiking
Today we have two separate circuit hikes, broken up by a hearty and delicious lunch at a local cafe.
In the morning we hike on of the more challenging hikes in the region. It is short and sharp with spectacular views.
After lunch our final circuit hike of the day ensures impressive scenery, a cardio workout and an immersion into the Blue Mountains region.
Distance: approx 13.6km/Hiking Time 4.5 hours
Accommodation: Cabin/lodge style – twin or triple share
Note dinner is at a local restaurant.
Day 3 – Saturday 19th January 2019
Blue Mountains spectacular
It’s a big hiking day today ending with a ride up the World’s Steepest Railway.
We end the day with dinner at an iconic Blue Mountains restaurant, renowed for its food.
Distance: 17 kilometres/hiking time 7 hours
Accommodation: house/cottage style -twin/triple share
Day 4 – Sunday 20th January 2019
Our final hike of the weekend is a short yet steep hike over technical terrain.
It is a most enjoyable hike to end our Blue Mountains Fitness Challenge weekend.
After lunch we have the opportunity to freshen up before heading back to Sydney airport for our early evening flights home.
Distance: 3.3 kilometres/hiking time 1 hour 40 minute
- 3 nights twin/triple share hotel/house accommodation in the upper Blue Mountains
Our accommodation is clean, comfortable and safe. Each day we are transported to and from our hike, along with our dinner location.
- Airport transfers from Sydney Airport to upper Blue Mountains and return
- All transfers that form part of the adventure
From the moment you land in Sydney (or on the plane if you decide to travel together), until the time of your return, your Women’s Fitness Adventures C.R.E.W Leader is with you every step of the way.
Assisting your Women’s Fitness Adventures C.R.E.W Leader is Fully Qualified Wilderness Guide, with comprehensive knowledge of the local history, flora and fauna.
Our goal is to ensure you have a fabulous adventure on the Blue Mountains Fitness Challenge.
Note: C.R.E.W is an acronym for Community of Real, Everyday Women
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- 3 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 3 dinners
- all delicious snacks on the trail
Gear and equipment
Your C.R.E.W Leader and Wilderness Guide will be carrying Emergency communications and group first aid kit
A full gear list will be provided to you once your booking is confirmed.
Safety is our number one priority.
Your leader is fully trained in Remote Area First Aid and holds current CPR Qualifications
Your Professional Wilderness Guide is fully qualified and trained in Wilderness First Aid.
In addition, we carry a group first aid kit and emergency communications equipment, including satellite phone, PLB and mobile phones
All our transportation is provided in commercially registered, expertly maintained tour vehicles & trailers, with airport and hotel pick up and drop off where applicable.
Public Liability Insurance is also included.
All National Park Fees and permits are included, ensuring we are compliant and registered with local regulations and authorities.
Our guides knowledge of the area is second to none, with a comprehensive understanding of the local history, flora and fauna.
You will enjoy the history of the area.
From the moment you book on to the Blue Mountains Fitness Challenge, you will begin to make new friends. It all starts with the training.
Our multi day hikes are transformational. Some kind of “magic” happens with the group.
- Flights to/from Sydney (for any assistance please contact Yvonne at Women’s Fitness Adventures).
- Airport transfers unless otherwise stated.
- Travel insurance*
- Alcohol is not included as part of the tour. We do recommend that whilst hiking you refrain from alcohol as it dehydrates you.
*Travel Insurance is a requirement of booking. Please see booking Terms and Conditions.
What you carry
You will be required to carry a day pack of approximately 5-7kg.
Your pack will include the following items: minimum of 2 litres water, sunscreen, raincoat, warm top, swimmers(optional), lunch, camera, hat and any items of a personal nature, including personal first aid/medications.
A comprehensive gear list will be supplied to you and explained in both the group and online training sessions and explained once your booking is confirmed.
Our Blue Mountains Fitness Challenge is a moderate – challenging hike that requires a moderate-high level of fitness (graded moderate – challenging). This is predominantly due to the elevation and varied terrain.
We advise you do as much training as you can before the adventure.
The more you train for this adventure, the easier you will handle the terrain and the more you will enjoy this wonderful part of the world.
Training is included as part of this adventure. Please refer to the “Fitness and Training” tab for information regarding Group Hike Training and online training.
It is important to come along with an open mind ready for an awesome experience whatever the weather, whoever the group. It is very important you bring the right gear for the conditions.
Blue Mountains weather can be unpredictable, with possibly four seasons in one day.
A comprehensive gear list will be provided.
In the event of extreme weather conditions, the adventure may vary from the itinerary.
Please be aware of this and accept this as part of the adventure. Your personal safety is our highest priority.
The itinerary is also subject to change with any change in community regulations as well as governmental changes and natural circumstances beyond our control.
As per the Booking Terms and Conditions, please do not book flights until you receive confirmation from Women’s Fitness Adventures that this adventure is proceeding.
To secure your place a 25% non refundable deposit is needed. Note that your place is not secure until payment is received.
If you are not yet a member of Women’s Fitness Adventures and would like to book, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
Other important notes
Our 3 day, 3 night Blue Mountains Fitness Challenge is a moderate – challenging hike (graded moderate-challenging) and we advise you to do as much training as you can beforehand. It is also important to come along with an open mind ready for an amazing experience, whatever the weather and whoever the group.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Women’s Fitness Adventures
Booking Terms and Conditions
(including cancellation policy)
Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this contract.
These should also be read in conjunction with the website Terms and Conditions. (Please click here)
In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between Women’s Fitness Adventures ABN 99 126 975 880 and you.
No purported variation of these conditions will be effective unless in writing and signed by a person so authorised by Women’s Fitness Adventures. In these terms and conditions reference to “Women’s Fitness Adventures representatives” means staff of Women’s Fitness Adventures and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other third parties and representatives and the land management authorities in each country in which the tour is conducted, or any of them.
All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed once paid for in full by you.
Price changes can occur between the time you make a reservation and the date of full payment.
Factors influencing price changes can be currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and other provider increases outside of our control.
Payment terms and cancellation policy
Please note the payment terms including the cancellation policy.
- An initial deposit of 20% is required to secure your place on this adventure.
- Once a booking is confirmed, payment must be received within the payment terms as advised by Women’s Fitness Adventures in the table below.
- Failure to pay within the deadline will result in automatic cancellation of your booking.
- Payments are accepted by direct deposit, by cheque or by credit card. There are no surcharges for bookings made through the Women’s Fitness Adventures website
- When your credit card is processed by Women’s Fitness Adventures you agree to not have your payment ‘charged back’ or reversed by your credit card provider where the services have been provided
- Direct Deposit payments can be made to the following account with the adventure and your initials as the reference
Women’s Fitness Adventures
Payment terms and Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cancellation date is the date when written notification is received.
Payment Terms (Members)
|Payment Due Date||Amount|
|On Booking||$470(non refundable deposit)|
|Nov 10th 2018||$470|
|Notification Received by |
Women’s Fitness Adventures
|Before November9th 2018||Total loss of deposit|
|Between & Including|
Nov 10th& Dec 9th 2018
|50% of full adventure cost|
|Between & Including|
Dec 10th 2018& Departure Date
|100% of full adventure cost|
|After Scheduled Adventure||100% of full adventure cost|
No refunds are provided should you have to leave the adventure early.
*As our adventure are so popular, please be aware that if you cancel your place, it will most likely be taken by someone else so you should consider this carefully.
Travel insurance must be taken out at this point and a copy of your Travel Documentation supplied with your completed Participant Document to guarantee your place.
- Please make sure that you read, understand and accept all of the fine print contained within your insurance policy before purchase to ensure it covers all of your personal requirements.
- Please ensure your Travel Insurance covers you for cancellation, medical and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death, loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance. It is also important to read the fine print in relation to parents over the age of 80 and what is included/excluded from your policy. If using your credit card insurance, please check the terms and conditions on this before booking with us.
Women’s Fitness Adventures and its partners are not liable for any out of pocket expenses that insurance will not cover and will not be held responsible financially or in kind should your insurance not cover your personal circumstances.
- Note that prices are per person.
- Prices are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- As per the itinerary
- Airfares, unless otherwise stated
- Local hotel taxes
- Visa’s , Passports and Vaccinations where applicable
- Transfers – unless otherwise stated
- Extra Meals and other expenses not included in the adventure. i.e but not limited to: laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses and items of a personal nature, emergency evacuation and/or emergency search charges
Itineraries and brochures.
Itineraries and other details are published in good faith as statements of intention only and reasonable changes in the itinerary and related items may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
The information contained in Women’s Fitness Adventures website, Facebook Pages, brochures, itineraries, and any other published content, is to the best of Women’s Fitness Adventures knowledge, correct at the time of publication.
Route changes, Postponement, Cancellation or Delay.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to:
- Cancel or modify any routes within the adventures or objectives set out in the itinerary; or
- Substitute different or equivalent routes within the adventures in place of cancelled or modified routes, or
- Postpone, cancel or delay (either in relation to the departure or arrival times or the duration of the adventures) any such aspect of the tour if, at the absolute discretion of Women’s Fitness Adventures, it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions whether political or military or terrorist or otherwise or if, in the absolute discretion of Women’s Fitness Adventures there is a likelihood of any such event occurring which may impact upon the safety of the participants, or if an act or omission of a third party prevents the tour or the aspect of the tour being undertaken in accordance with your booking or for any other reason considered necessary by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
- In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the adventure price (whether in whole or in part) and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay.
- Women’s Fitness Adventures also reserves, at its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any tour due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
Cancellation by Women’s Fitness Adventures.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel a departure and will advise you of such cancellations no later than 60 days before the adventure departure date.
If due to ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice, Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel a departure at any time. With any form of cancellation, Women’s Fitness Adventures will do it’s best to offer you alternative arrangements if available, and if the price of your alternative adventure is of lower value than the original booking we will refund the difference to you. If you do not accept alternative arrangements we will refund all payments you have made to Women’s Fitness Adventures, (in case of ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs). Women’s Fitness Adventures will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
Women’s Fitness Adventures will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to ‘Force Majeure’. ‘Force Majeure’ definition means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Women’s Fitness Adventures and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and strikes.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserve the right either before or during the course of the adventure to refuse to carry or accommodate any client which it reasonably considers, in the light of the best interests of all participants within the adventure group and crew, to be unsuitable by reason of physical or mental condition or unruly behaviour.
Cancellation due to small tour numbers.
Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right to cancel any adventure prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked on the adventure. In this case, you will be given a full refund of the amount already paid by you. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes or annual leave).
We require a minimum of 11 trekkers for the Blue Mountains Fitness Challenge. If numbers do not reach this level we reserve the right to cancel, or change the dates of the adventure or refer you to another existing adventure.
Adventure numbers are regularly reviewed and we will notify you of any cancellations no later than 60 days prior to your selected trek.
Medical Disclosure. It is your responsibility and you must advise women’s Fitness Adventures of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you requiring medical attention while on our tours. Women’s Fitness Adventures or our suppliers may require additional medical assessment by a medical practitioner. Women’s Fitness Adventures reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to cancel your booking and refund the money paid by you, less any unrecoverable costs. Women’s Fitness Adventures also reserves the right to cancel your participation in a trip at any time, including after the commencement of your trip, with no right of refund if your medical condition and/or disability could be reasonably expected to affect the normal conduct of the trip and the enjoyment of other trip members.
FITNESS AND TRAINING
Fitness and Training
We’ve got you covered with the Fitness and Training.
Your pre adventure training is included in the adventure.
You may be thinking…
“I want to go, but can’t make time for training”
“I want to go but will I be fit enough?”
“I really want to be part of this but don’t know where to start”
One thing ALL of our past C.R.E.W. Adventurers have said is:
“do the training, follow the plan and you will LOVE your adventure even more”
Our training plans have been developed with YOU in mind, based on:
- the latest research
- 10 years of working with women in the health and fitness space, both as a Personal Trainer and a Certified Weight Loss coach
- the cumulative effect of hundreds of kilometres and hours on the trails
- feedback from our C.R.E.W Members.
All Group Hike Training options are perfect opportunities for you to:
- get to know fellow C.R.E.W members on your hike
- gauge your level of fitness
- boost your fitness
Feedback from our past adventurers identifies how important it is to them to participate in both online and offline training. Over 80% of our past adventurers stated that training was great for getting to know fellow adventurers.
Lucy says, ” Hike training helps. You get to know your fellow hikers, – helps with comradeship and you tend to support one another on the adventure, especially if it is out of your comfort zone, ask questions on what gear to bring and find out more about the adventure”
Designed by women, for women, the benefits of our training plan spill over into everyday life and consist of the following components:
- FUNCTIONAL – helping you strengthen the muscles that support the joints. This has benefits not only for your multi day hike, but for life in general.
- CARDIO BOOSTING – designed to elevate the heart rate in a safe way, ensuring that every training session you do will make you better than the last one
- ENDURANCE – nothing substitutes for time on your legs. So we have designed it that way – to work in with you and your lifestyle.
We also understand the physiology of women’s bodies, so rest assured our programs have truly been designed with YOU at the very centre.
Our training programs are proven and extremely successful – but ONLY if you follow them. Our C.R.E.W who hiked Kokoda in PNG, followed the plan EXACTLY and our only injury was a blister!!!
There are FOUR components to the training and to MAXIMISE your results, we recommend you get involved in all.
1. Physical Group Hike Training
This is where the C.R.E.W Leaders get to see you in action. It is held QUARTERLY around Brisbane and is a 4 hour/half day duration.
2. Online training – MONTHLY in the comfort of your own home.
Each month, at a specified time and date, we will connect with the Blue Mountains Fitness Adventure C.R.E.W and catch up on where each person is at.
We also provide you the training for the coming weeks. This covers the 3 components of Functional, Cardio and Endurance as outlined above. You will also receive a comprehensive 4 weekly hiking plan as well as functional exercises.
Don’t worry though – we will take you through it step by step, regardless of the level you are currently at.
3. One on one call with your Women’s Fitness Adventures C.R.E.W Leader
So that we can best maximise your training and give you the best opportunity to be as fit as possible for your upcoming adventure, we will schedule a 15 minute call to maximise your training opportunities.
Again, this is based on feedback from our past participants who suggested this would be a great addition to training.
4. The closed Facebook Group
We encourage you to comment and support each other in the group. Where possible, get together as a group outside of the formal training times.
Life gets busy and simply having the support of the group when you don’t feel like training, will immediately shift your focus to CAN DO.